We are looking for a passionate and energetic business development manager who will actively seek out new opportunities, such as new channels and/or products in order to deliver on prescribed objectives and targets. The primary responsibility of the role will be to identify new business opportunities, with a view to growing the distribution channels and product offering.
What you will do
- Drive new sales growth and meet set volume targets
- Develop and grow the distribution channel and actively seek new business opportunities which will add value to the business tactically and strategically
- Build and maintain a strong network through long-lasting relationships with key industry stakeholders
- Provide weekly, monthly, and quarterly pipeline and sales volume reporting
- Provide management with regular updates on meetings and business development opportunities
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of the business proposition per internal and external customer needs and objectives
- Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Support the continual development of the sales strategy, as part of the planning process, identifying key areas of growth/decline and potential opportunities
- Proven work experience within a target driven environment working as an account manager, key account manager, business development manager or other relevant role experience
- Knowledge of the consumer finance sector, home improvement and energy sector helpful but not essential
- Demonstrable track record of being able to attract new business, develop key relationships and continually deliver against targets essential
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organisation, including executive and board level
- Solid experience with MS Office (particularly MS Excel and Powerpoint)
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple client projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent influencing listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent communications, networking, and analytical sales skills
- Experience building and developing senior level relationships
- Willingness to be accountable for all aspects of growing sales with evidence of having recently operated as an individual contributor rather than managing a team with an open-minded approach and a willingness to learn are essential skills
- Entrepreneurial, hands-on approach to sales with ability to thrive in a small but growing team whilst multitasking
- Experience of “start-up” culture and a “greenfield” role beneficial
- Competitive with strong OTE earning potential
- Company car allowance
- Pension and healthcare benefits
The company head office is based in central London and there will be a minimum requirement to spend 1 day a week in the London office with the remaining time spent meeting with GDPs. Installers and prospects across the UK. A large amount of work will be focused in the north of England with the role holder spending much of their time on the road.
You’ll be part of the core team in a crucial role that sits between the product owners, the development team and the end users.
If this is you, we want to hear from you ASAP.
Please drop us a note with your CV if you want to apply for a role. [email protected]